- James Barbour – Aspire Counseling and Coaching, PLLC
- Bill Beach – Lucas & Beach, Inc. Real Estate Services
- Anna Belousova – East Carolina Publishing Co., Inc.
- Clay Brown – BB& T Mortgage Services
- Todd Brown – W. A. Moore Insurance
- Aron Daniels – Emerson Designs, LLC
- Jerry Fisher – B&M Roofing
- Bill Freelove – US Lawns
- David Harrell – Harrell Financial Services
- Jared Henrickson – Hastings Ford
- Randy Hobbs – Web Badger
- Julie Hughes – Elite Flooring & Interiors
- Donald Lancaster – Carolina Concierge & Courier
- Tammy Lee – First Citizens Bank
- Eric Thomas Miller – Miller Appraisal
- Jimmy Mizell – Stokes & Congleton
- Jeff Moore – Moore Business Solutions
- Parker Morgan – Morgan Printers
- Allison Pass – Pass Family Chiropractic
- Deborah Randolph – Pirate Realty
- Pierce Runyon – Budget Blinds
- Victor Saavedra – Data Group
- Wayne Salter – Greenville Fit Body Bootcamp
- Ben Smith – Premium Care Solutions
- Tracy Stroud – Colombo Kitchin Attorneys
This week we heard from Parker Morgan of Morgan Printers. Parker centered his talk around trade shows and bringing your A-game when putting together your booth. Among his tips were table positioning, branded giveaways, name tags for ease of identification, and follow up with any contacts that you make. Thank you for your input on a very applicable topic for any entrepreneurs.
This past week at BNE, we heard from Aron Daniels of Emerson Designs. Aron is our resident graphic designer and brought samples of his work so we could see the variety of projects that Emerson Designs focuses on. After a brief overview of the collection, Aron talked us through what to expect from a client perspective when producing a logo. From start-to-finish, Aron described a process catered around the ease of the client and striving toward a logo beyond expectation.
This past week at Business Networking East, we heard from the President, Jerry Fisher. His business is commercial roofing and it’s obvious he and his team at B&M Roofing do exemplary work, but he took the time to focus his speaking on adding value to the professionals in the room. Bringing us information about sales and the importance of catering our communication with specific clients was really an insightful topic. How are we going to grow our businesses if we are not making our businesses applicable to the clients we are seeking? Thank you so much, Jerry!
This week at Business Networking East Jared Hendrickson of Hastings Ford took us out of the warmth of the meeting room and into the cold. Was it worth it? We got to see a loaded up Explorer that could do everything but make our morning coffee. It was really cool. Jared knew answers to all of the questions and gave us a ton of information. He is definitely a very knowledgeable source for your car buying needs. Thank you, Jared!
This week at BNE we were visited by Casey Turton, local publisher of Carolina Men, website guru, and a man of many hats. Casey talked to us about cyber security. Demonstrating various vulnerabilities in the web, Casey led to the understanding that “It’s not about the software, it’s about discipline.” The software can definitely help fight some things, but the best thing to do to make sure you are safe online is to develop habits that keep you more secure. Thank you, Casey, for bringing us a very timely message. Casey can be reached at Casey@NCDBS.com
Have you seen the latest issue of Carolina Men? If so, you have seen our very own James Barbour on the cover. James is our resident resource for counseling and life coaching. This week in BNE, James expanded on some of the article content that he provided Carolina Men, and gave us a little insight on what it is he does in his line of work.
One common relationship dynamic that he sees play out recurringly is what he calls the “drama triangle.” In any given situation, when there is a conflict between people, there are roles that they fall into and switch between. These roles are the persecutor, rescuer, and victim. Focusing on psychological development and showing us where we get behavioral patterns in our decision making, James really showed us that he is someone very prepared to be a partner to those people asking some questions about their personal direction.